Sunday, December 10, 2017

Ode to our office Printer!



When I joined the school
Six long years ago
Your output was your best proof 
Without you the school stood still
Struggling six long years still today
You have either mend or better
All our lives I must say

You printed my first joining letter with my designation
You also helped many colleagues print their resignation

I got my ‘Letters to parents’ 
So did the ‘Sanctions and misdemeanors’
Documented students work for fair recognitions 
Submitted my paid and unpaid leave applications

I too got my re-leaving orders
To attend workshops and for duties on Examinations 
The heads sending their Executive orders
And worksheets for my students I could print it in order.

Million pages of Exam Question papers
With its own complete Model answers
To assess intended learning of my students
Name tags and name list with their roll numbers
What else have you not printed?

I can’t believe the Rumors I hear now loud
They say you have become Old and cranky
You produce more noise and less printouts
I hear people scream and swear

Oh lord…the creatures of flesh and blood
How could they become so outrageous?
You are just a metal box with wires and machines!
They could have just become more courteous.
For all the valuable documents you printed.
Of which you have never asked any credits. 

As all good things come to end too early
The ones who didn’t swear will miss you dearly
I pray you have enough courage
To bravely lay down your arms to rest
You don’t have to scream and swear 
The God is aware that you did your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Choosing Home, Building Success: Sonam Zam's Path to Making a Difference

  In a world driven by the allure of greener pastures abroad, and even so dreadfully true about the wild rush we are experiencing in our own...