Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Unusual October: fill it with memories....


Today is 6th of October and an auspicious day for Hindus too. Today is Dashain. And the unusual October has just begun.
image: 2011calendar.biz

It is Unusual particularly for two reasons;
1: Royal wedding: Our king is getting married this month. It is indeed a historic and a joyous occasion for all the Bhutanese. It is even more heartwarming for both the Royal Couple. I wish them happiness and success in their lives.
Why Unusual for me?
Now, I am 28 years old lad. And to witness an event of such magnitude, I have to probably wait for another 30 years. The waiting will turn me to an old man of 58. And like any man, I am not sure to live that long. However the ‘Life Expectancy’ figures of Bhutan do flame a hope in me to witness the Royal Wedding of our future King (King Jigme Khaser Namgyel Wangchuck Jr.).  My fingers are crossed.  
2: The numbering factor: This month has 5 Sundays, 5 Saturdays and 5 mondays which happens only after 823 years. Speechless! I won’t be there to see that October sky again.

And what am I going to do to make this unusual October cherish-able at a personal level?
1:  Learn to read and write Nepali: starting this month, I am totally engrossed in learning my own language. It is getting on quite well. My race will look down on me if I don’t. my learning will go a long in helping my kids learn the language. So it is of great importance.
2: Planning and budgeting my own marriage: while I am certainly not in a relationship (wish to) or in a mood to settle down but the month is so auspicious and unusual that I am drafting a master plan for my own marriage.
Funny it may sound but these are the things I am doing.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING On THIS UNUSUAL MONTH?

# posted on an auspicious day so to get more hits and comments…hahahhaha….Happy Dashain to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Choosing Home, Building Success: Sonam Zam's Path to Making a Difference

  In a world driven by the allure of greener pastures abroad, and even so dreadfully true about the wild rush we are experiencing in our own...